- Phone: (941) 487-4207
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Location: ACE 130
- Mail Location: SSC 102
Ph.D., Boston University
M.A., Political Economy, Boston University
B.Comm, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
Sherry Yu specializes in macroeconomics and international economics. Her current research focuses banking regulation, monetary policy, financial contagion. She is currently investigating the role of unconventional economic policy with special emphasis on the financial markets. Other research interests include housing market, applied finance and Chinese economy. Her teaching interests lie in all levels of macroeconomics, finance, economic history and Chinese economy.
- Introductory Macroeconomics
- Corporate Finance
- World Economic History
- Chinese Economy
- Bank Excess Returns and Unconventional Monetary Policy (2018), Applied Economics Letters.
- “The Effectiveness of Quantitative Easing—New Evidence on Private Investment” (2016), with Tarron Khemraj, Applied Economics, 48(28): 2625-2635.
- “The Effect of Political Factors on Sovereign Default” (2016), Review of Political Economy, 28(3): 397-416.
- “Sovereign and Bank Interdependencies—Evidence from the CDS Market” (2017), Research in International Business and Finance, 39: 68-84.