Mission & Responsibilities
The primary mission of the New College of Florida Facilities Management Department is to plan, design, construct and maintain a safe, clean, attractive environment for our students to learn and live in. Our responsibility is immense and varied, consisting of 54 different buildings dating back to 1926, 618,0000 square feet of buildings and 110 acres of grounds. The department consists of four basic areas with different responsibilities:
- Planning & Construction: campus master planning, project prioritization and design, and the management of construction contractors
- Custodial: daily routine cleaning, trash removal, floor care.
- Grounds: keeping the grounds picked up from debris, mowing trimming, landscaping projects.
- Maintenance: repair to plumbing systems, electrical, utility systems, light bulb replacement, carpentry, HVAC, building envelope, roof systems, fire alarm, security and emergency evacuation systems.
In order to maintain this size of campus takes 45 full-time employees of dedicated staff providing services 24/7 responding to the many needs of the campus.
As a department of this size, we utilize data-driven processes of continuous process improvement. The department is continuously exploring new opportunities to improve its service with lower cost by improving efficiency.
For high profile items, or if you are not sure who in Physical Plant needs to be contacted, contact Alan or Curtis.
- Alan Burr: Assistant Vice President, Facilities Management
- Curtis Davis: Associate Director of Physical Plant
Specific Points of Contact
Contact the following people for specific projects or requests related to their job.
- Sheila Foley: Custodial Coordinator
- Point of contact for cleaning and trash services and immediate related needs. You can also make a work request through our work request system to make cleaning and trash related requests.
- Itza Frisco: Assistant Director, Facilities Planning & Construction
- Point of contact for interior and exterior renovations, including but not limited to: painting, flooring, and room remodeling.
- Seni Ok: Maintenance Coordinator
- Point of contact for maintenance related requests and emergencies. You can also make a work request through our work request system in School Dude to make maintenance requests.
- Ken Harris: Landscape & Grounds Coordinator
- Point of contact for all landscape & grounds related requests and emergencies. Work requests can be made through the School Dude work request system.