- Phone: (941) 487-4173
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Location: HNS E152
- Mail Location: HNS E 172C
Ph.D., Management Science, University of Alberta, Canada
MS, Industrial Engineering, Bilkent University, Turkey
BS, Industrial Engineering, Bilkent University, Turkey
Dr. Burçin Bozkaya joined New College in August 2019 as the Director of the Graduate Program in Data Science. Previously, Dr. Bozkaya has been a professor of business analytics as well as an Associate Dean, MBA Program Director and Director of Behavioral Analytics & Visualization Lab at Sabanci Business School in Istanbul, Turkey. His research interests include big data analytics; customer behavior analytics and predictive analytics in finance, insurance and telecom; spatio-temporal modeling and analysis; transportation/logistics modeling and optimization; geographic information systems and decision support systems.
Dr. Bozkaya has also been a visiting professor at the Media Lab at MIT, analyzing high-dimensional data sets with millions of bank transactions and customer demographics, Syrian refugee call data records, insurance premium contracts and points of interest. Prior to joining academia in 2004, he worked for ESRI, Inc., a leading company specializing in GIS software and applications.
Practical Data Science
- Porter, B., Doucette, J., Reilly, A., Calacci, D., Bozkaya, B. and A. Pentland (2021) Assessing the Effectiveness of Using Live Interactions and Feedback to Increase Engagement in Online Learning, Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy, forthcoming.
- Suhara, Y., Bahrami, M., Bozkaya, B. and A. Pentland (2021) Validating Gravity-Based Market Share Models Using Large-Scale Transactional Data, Big Data, forthcoming.
- Cinar, A., Salman, F.S. and B. Bozkaya (2021) Prioritized Single Nurse Routing and Scheduling for Home Healthcare Services, European Journal of Operational Research, 289(3), 867-878.
- Kaya, E., Alpan, E., Balcisoy, B. and B. Bozkaya (2020) Quantifying Insurance Agency Dynamics Using Premium Sales Big Data and External Factors, Big Data, https://doi.org/10.1089/big.2020.0049
- Ak, R., Bahrami, M. and B. Bozkaya (2020) A time-based model and GIS framework for assessing hazardous materials transportation risk in urban areas, Journal of Transport & Health, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jth.2020.100943
- Dong, X., Morales, A.J., Jahani, E., Moro, E., Lepri, B., Bozkaya, B., Sarraute, C., Bar-Yam, Y. and A. Pentland (2020) Segregated interactions in virtual and physical space, EPJ Data Science, doi 10.1140/epjds/s13688-020-00238-7
- Chong, S.K., Bahrami, M., Chen, H., Balcisoy, S., Bozkaya, B. and A. Pentland (2020) Economic outcomes predicted by diversity in cities, EPJ Data Science, 9(17), doi 10.1140/epjds/s13688-020-00234-x6
- Koseoglu, B., Kaya, E., Balcisoy, S. and B. Bozkaya (2020) ST sequence miner: Visualization and mining of spatiotemporal event sequences, The Visual Computer, doi 10.1007/s00371-020-01894-6
- Bahrami, M., Bozkaya, B. and S. Balcisoy (2020) Using Behavioral Analytics to Predict Customer Invoice Payment, Big Data, 8(1), 1-13, doi.org/10.1089/big.2018.0116
- Dong, X., Jahani, E., Morales, A.J., Bozkaya, B., Lepri, B. and A. Pentland (2020) Purchase Patterns, Socioeconomic Status, and Political Inclination, The World Bank Economic Review, 34, S9-S13
- Yanik, S., Kalcsics, J., Bozkaya, B. and S. Nickel (2019) A Multi-Period Multi-Criteria Districting Problem Applied to Primary Care Scheme with Gradual Assignment, International Transactions in Operational Research, 26(5), 1676-1697.
- Tuna, M., Bozkaya, B., Döğerlioğlu-Demir, K. and C. Koçaş (2018) Market Segmentation Based on Big Data: Examining Consumer Shopping Mall Diversity and Product Category Diversity Behaviors through Credit Card Transactions, Studies on Marketing Insights, 2(2), 57-68
- Kaya, E., Dong, X., Suhara, Y., Balcisoy, S., Bozkaya, B. and A. Pentland (2018) Behavioral Attributes and Financial Churn Prediction, EPJ Data Science, 7:41, doi 10.1140/epjds/s13688-018-0165-5
- Yucel, E., Salman, S., Bozkaya, B. and C. Gokalp (2018) A Data-Driven Optimization Framework for Routing Mobile Medical Facilities, Annals of Operations Research, doi 10.1007/s10479-018-3058-x
- Urkup, C., Bozkaya, B. and S. Salman (2018) Customer Mobility Signatures and Financial Indicators as Predictors in Product Recommendation, Plos One, doi 10.1371/journal.pone.0201197
- Dong, X., Meyer, J., Shmueli, E., Bozkaya, B. and A. Pentland (2018) Methods for Quantifying Effects of Social Unrest using Credit Card Transaction Data, EPJ Data Science, 7:8, 10.1140/epjds/s13688-018-0136-x
- Dong, X., Suhara, Y., Bozkaya, B., Singh, V.K., Lepri, B. and A. Pentland (2018) Social Bridges in Community Purchase Behavior, ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology, 9(3), 1-29
- Bozkaya, B., Salman, S. and K. Telciler (2017) An Adaptive and Diversified Vehicle Routing Approach to Reducing the Security Risk of Cash-in-Transit Operations, Networks, 69(3), 256-269
- Emec, U., Catay, B. and B. Bozkaya (2016) An Adaptive Large Neighborhood Search for an E-grocery Delivery Routing Problem, Computers & Operations Research, 69, 109-125
- deKervenoael, R., Yanik, S., Bozkaya, B., Palmer, M. and A. Hallsworth (2016) Trading-up on unmet expectations? Evaluating consumers’ expectations in online premium grocery shopping logistics, International Journal of Logistics-Research and Applications, 19(2), 83-104
- Singh, V.K., Bozkaya, B. and A. Pentland (2015) Money Walks: Implicit Mobility Behavior and Financial Wellbeing, Plos One, doi 10.1371/journal.pone.0136628
- Kilci, F., Kara, B.Y. and B. Bozkaya (2015) Locating Temporary Shelter Areas after a Large-Scale Disaster, European Journal of Operational Research, 243(1), 323-332