Apply for funding to support your research, thesis, or travel to a conference to present your work.
About the SRTG Program
Over the span of twenty years, the New College Student Research and Travel Grant (SRTG) Program has provided funding to New College of Florida students in support of research and travel associated with their thesis work, tutorials, and independent study projects. SRTG funding is made available through the generous support of the New College Alumni Association and the New College Foundation.
SRTG awards provide up to $2,000 of support for research and study projects, travel to present at conferences, and for AOC-related study abroad. The list below indicates funding priorities list of what would be funded; however, a strong ISP project application could be funded over a weak thesis application.
- Thesis related research that includes but not limited to research supplies, travel, equipment.
- Pre-thesis related research that includes but not limited to research supplies, travel, equipment
- Professional conference presentation – Individuals applying for conference presentations are encouraged to read E. Leininger, et al., “Ten simple rules for attending your first conference.”
- ISP research/projects that have a clear plan and/or directly related to AOC or thesis.
- Course or Tutorial projects that have a clear plan and/or directly related to AOC or thesis
- Study Abroad related to academic program requirements
Submissions are reviewed by a committee of alumnae/i and faculty members. Preference is given to students who have never received an SRTG award.
How to Apply
To be considered for a grant, students must be in good standing and submit a complete application – including the online application, supporting documents, and a letter of support submitted on the student’s behalf from a New College of Florida faculty member – by the specified deadline.
Beginning in Spring 2022, there are separate applications and deadlines for Research/Study Grant requests and Conference Presentation Grant requests.
Applications for Research/Study Grants will continue to be accepted and reviewed twice a year, fall and spring, following the traditional deadlines, first Monday after Fall and Spring Break, respectively.
Applications for Conference Presentation Grants will be accepted on a rolling basis; you are welcome to submit a grant application once you have received notification that your submission has been accepted by the conference organizers.
For complete details, please see the SRTG Application Guidelines and Instructions below. Please be sure to select the appropriate application form.
- Read the SRTG Application Guidelines & Instructions (Updated Fall 2022)
- For Research/Study Grants involving a group project, one student can complete the grant application, but all students involved in the project must be named as members of the project workgroup.
- For Conference Presentation Grants, each student must complete an individual application even if they are co-presenters.
Fall 2023 SRTG Research/Study Grants Application
If you are planning a Research/Study SRTG proposal for Fall 2023, please use this application link
and submit your proposal by the deadline indicated:
Fall 2023 Application Deadlines
- Student Application Deadline: Monday, October 23, 5 pm
- Faculty Letter of Recommendation Deadline: Wednesday, October 25, 5 pm.
SRTG Conference Presentation Grants
If you are planning to present your research at a conference and have received confirmation that your work has been accepted for presentation, please use this link:
SRTG Conference Presentation Grant Application (Rolling Deadline)
Funding requests for conference presentations are accepted on a rolling basis, but will not be considered for funding unless conference confirmation is provided.
For more information, contact the New College’s Center for Career Engagement and Opportunity (CEO) at [email protected].