THE CENTER FOR CAREER ENGAGEMENT AND OPPORTUNITY overview of our services
The Center for Career Engagement and Opportunity (CEO) at New College of Florida is a robust, centralized department within the division of student affairs. The CEO features services and resources which promote the core competencies of career readiness and reinforce career planning and development strategies for New College students and alums.
Career resources and services are provided to allow students the opportunity to become familiar with career exploration and career planning, to maximize the job or professional school search, preparing students to seek opportunities consistent with their career goals. Trained and nationally recognized professional staff, along with student career ambassadors, assist students throughout the process to encourage students to become acquainted with methods used in career planning.
The CEO team is committed to the success of our constituents: students, faculty, staff and employers. We have a relevant and compelling set of services to promote student success while the student is enrolled at New College and post graduation. Services and resources offered include:
- Career education
- Career advising services
- Employment opportunity listing
- Internship engagement
- Career skills and career readiness education
- National fellowships and student research opportunities; assisting college-level students with applications for an array of nationally competitive, merit-based scholarships.
- Career events
- Student Career Competency Program
- Student Research and Travel Grant Program opportunities
Available in September 2018:
HANDSHAKE, the Career Management Portal
- Handshake is an online career management portal designed to provide students and employers the opportunity to interface to find on-campus jobs, off-campus jobs, internships and networking opportunities.
- Students can view relevant jobs/internships in an easy-to-use technology application which includes an array of employers based on the student profile.
- Students have a profile equipped with materials highlighting their career readiness so employers can recruitment students for jobs.
- Students tailor the profile/homepage to their needs so they can easily engage in a meaningful job search process.
- Students can easily network with employers, apply for jobs and internships, secure interviews and make valuable connections using this resource.
Candid Careers, Focus2 Career Self-Assessment and Career Materials
- Our Career Readiness Initiative means we offer services to meet the needs of the contemporary college student.
- We use a Career Ready video channel in response to the skills gap identified by employers.
- We use Focus2, an industry leader for career services.
Feel free to visit the CEO, located at LBR 154 on the north side of the Jane Bancroft Cook Library next to the walkway to east campus. You may also reach us us via email or telephone, 941-487-5002 to request an appointment.