THE CENTER FOR CAREER ENGAGEMENT AND Opportunity
The Center for Career Engagement and Opportunity (CEO) at New College of Florida offers services and resources to promote career planning and opportunities for New College students and alumni.
Professional staff, along with student career assistants, provide individual coaching to students throughout their academic experience to ensure students are prepared to make intentional and strategic decisions, develop and apply skills gained from their liberal arts education, connect to opportunity, and are the most competitive applicant for any professional goal in which they wish to pursue.
The CEO team supports students and alumni with…
- Career and AOC exploration and decision-making
- Career management skill development including resumes, CVs, cover letters, interviewing, and networking skills
- Search strategies
- National/international fellowships and undergraduate research opportunities
- Student research travel grants
- Graduate/professional school
- Career and networking events
- Professional dress through the Career Closet
The CEO team also provides recruiting assistance, consultation, and programming to employers and graduate/professional schools who wish to recruit from New College, connecting students to diverse opportunities. Employer/Recruiting Resources are available here.
CHECK OUT OUR FALL 2019 CALENDAR OF EVENTS!
HANDSHAKE, a powerful career and recruiting online platform!
- Handshake is an online career platform designed to provide students and employers the opportunity to interface to find jobs, internships and networking opportunities.
- Students can view relevant jobs and internships in an easy-to-use application which includes a wide variety of employers located all over the country.
- Students have a profile equipped with materials highlighting their career readiness so employers can interact with and recruit students for jobs.
- Students tailor their profile and customize their interests so they can easily engage in a meaningful job search process.
- Students can easily network with employers, apply for jobs and internships, secure interviews and make valuable connections using this resource.
- Employers and recruiters can post opportunities and sign up for NCF events, campus interviews, and more!
- Students: Schedule an appointment with the CEO through Handshake using myNCF login.
- The Focus 2 Career Assessment is an intuitive career guidance system that helps students to explore Areas of Concentration (AOC) and careers that connect to their work interests, values, personality, skills, and leisure interests.
Resume Writing Template
internships start here
- Identify possible internships. Ask your contract sponsor, other faculty, CEO advisors, and search on HANDSHAKE for internships.
- Visit the CEO for help creating or reviewing your resume and the internship application documents.
- Register your internship. Download the packet of Internship Documents here.
- Make sure you submit completed documents to the CEO office and add the internship to your Contract.
- You’re on the way to a successful experiential learning adventure!
- Any questions, call, email or visit the CEO.
Visit the CEO, located at LBR 154 on the north side of the Jane Bancroft Cook Library next to the walkway to east campus. You may also reach us via email or telephone, 941-487-5002. Students can make an appointment through Handshake using their myNCF login.
Follow the CEO on social media @CareerCenterNCF