THE CENTER FOR CAREER ENGAGEMENT AND OPPORTUNITY
COVID-19 UPDATE: CAREERS CAN’T WAIT AND NEITHER WILL WE!
WE ARE OPEN VIRTUALLY TO SUPPORT STUDENTS AND EMPLOYERS
Students – Schedule an online or phone appointment through Handshake in myNCF
Temp/Part-Time/Remote Employment Resources & Information during Coronavirus
Employers – Contact us via phone at 941-487-5002 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
New student for Fall 2020 or Spring 2021? Meet your Career Coach!
Last Names A-Ch: Dwayne Peterson | Last Names CI-J: Lisandra Jimenez
Last Names K-Q: Maddie Tympanick | Last Names R-Z: Ciara Suarez
The Center for Career Engagement and Opportunity (CEO) at New College of Florida empowers every unique Novo Collegian to achieve post-graduation success and connect to a world of possibilities.
New College’s outstanding academic program equips students with the ability to learn and think critically in our fast-paced dynamic world preparing graduates well for any challenging career including those of the future. Take a closer look at the professional success of New College graduates.
Through the steps of New College’s four-year career plan, the Novo Career Advantage, CEO professional and student staff collaborate with faculty to provide personalized career coaching to students throughout their academic experience ensuring they develop, apply, and communicate skills gained from their liberal arts education, make intentional and strategic career decisions, connect to opportunity, and are successful in pursuing any professional goal.
Employers and Graduate/Professional Schools – Recruiting Resources
- The CEO team provides recruiting assistance, consultation, and programming to employers and graduate/professional schools who wish to recruit from New College, connecting students to diverse opportunities.
- Recruiting Resources including information about our upcoming career fairs are available here.
HANDSHAKE, Connecting novos to opportunity!
- Handshake is an online career platform that connects students and employers through jobs, internships, interviews, and networking events.
- Students create a profile highlighting their skills and experiences and then can view and apply for relevant jobs and internships targeted for NCF.
- Employers and recruiters can post opportunities and sign up for NCF events, campus interviews, and more!
- Students: Schedule an appointment with the CEO through Handshake using myNCF login.
- The Focus 2 Career Assessment is an intuitive career guidance system that helps students to explore Areas of Concentration (AOC) and careers that connect to their work interests, values, personality, skills, and leisure interests.
Resume, Cover letter, and CV Writing Resource guide
- Identify possible internships. Ask your contract sponsor, other faculty, CEO career coaches, and search on HANDSHAKE for internships.
- Visit the CEO for help creating or reviewing your resume and the internship application documents. Mock interviews are also available.
- Report and document your internship through HANDSHAKE (select Career Center and Experiences).
- Make sure you add the internship to your e-contract to receive academic credit.
- You’re on the way to a successful experiential learning adventure!
- Any questions, call, email or visit the CEO.
- Visit: The CEO is located in Library 154 on the north side of the Jane Bancroft Cook Library next to the walkway to east campus.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 941-487-5002
- Career Coaching Appointments: Students schedule appointments through Handshake using their myNCF login.
- Social Media: Follow the CEO on Facebook and Instagram @CareerCenterNCF