THE CENTER FOR CAREER ENGAGEMENT AND OPPORTUNITY overview of our services
The Center for Career Engagement and Opportunity at New College is a robust, centralized department featuring services and resources focusing on career development and career readiness for New College of Florida students and alumnae/i.
The CEO has nationally certified advisors, as well as trained career consultants to assist you in your career decision making. You can schedule a meeting with a career professional to discuss career options in New College’s Areas of Concentration (majors) to polish your resume and cover letter, create a LinkedIn profile, search for jobs and internships and receive support as you apply to graduate school.
We are committed to the success of our constituents: students, faculty, staff, and employers. We have a relevant and compelling set of services and events to promote student success at New College and after graduation. The CEO offers services and resources such as:
- Career education
- Career counseling services
- Employment opportunity employer job/internship board (employer posting website for recruitment only at this time)
- Internship assistance and general tracking
- Career plan recommendations
- Career advice on demand
- Career skills and career readiness education
- National fellowships and student research opportunities; assisting college-level students with applications for an array of nationally competitive, merit-based scholarships.
- Career events and seminars.
- Career coaching for Area of Concentrations — academics are divided into three divisions: Humanities, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences. New College offers 40 different AOCs (majors), including several established interdisciplinary concentrations.
- Career Certificate Program — coming soon and Career Success Seminar (CSS).
- Student Research and Travel Grant Program grant funding to New College students in support of research and travel associated with their thesis work, tutorials and independent study projects.
The CareersNCF Career Management Portal
- CareersNCF is an online career management platform is a game changer designed to provide students and employers the opportunity to interface to find jobs.
- Students can see relevant jobs/internships in a dynamic, easy-to-use technology application which can show a abroad array of employers based on the student profile.
- New College students will have a profile they set up so employers can view their career ready materials.
- Students will be able to tailor the profile/homepage to their needs so they can easily engage in a meaning job search process.
- Students will be able to network with employers, apply for jobs and internships, secure interviews and make valuable connections using this resource.
- This resource will help eliminate the confusion which might exist when a student thinks about the entire career search process.
Career Spots and Career Ready Video Channel
- Our Career Ready Initiative means we offer services to meet the needs of the contemporary college student.
- We use a Career Ready video channel in response to the skills gap identified by employers.
- We use Career Spots which is the industry leader in brief advice videos used by more than 200 colleges and universities who trust them to prepare 3.5 million students for their career services needs.
- These services are found on our CEO website.
Feel free to visit the CEO, located at LBR 154 on the north side of the Jane Bancroft Cook Library next to the walkway to east campus. You may also reach us us via email or telephone, 941-487-5002, or view our online scheduling system to request an appointment career education online appointment.