THE CENTER FOR CAREER ENGAGEMENT AND OPPORTUNITY
SPRING 2020/COVID-19 UPDATE: CAREERS CAN’T WAIT AND NEITHER WILL WE!
WE ARE OPEN TO SUPPORT STUDENTS AND EMPLOYERS
Students – Schedule an online or phone appointment through Handshake in myNCF
temp/part-time/remote Employment resources & Information during coronavirus
Employers – Contact us via phone at 941-487-5002 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Center for Career Engagement and Opportunity (CEO) at New College of Florida empowers every unique Novo to achieve post-graduation success and connect to a world of possibilities.
New College’s outstanding academic program equips students with the ability to learn and critically think in our fast-paced dynamic world preparing graduates well for any challenging career including those of the future. Take a closer look at the professional success of New College graduates.
CEO professional and student staff collaborate with faculty to provide individual career coaching to students throughout their academic experience ensuring they develop, apply, and communicate skills gained from their liberal arts education, make intentional and strategic career decisions, connect to opportunity, and are the most competitive applicant for any professional goal in which they wish to pursue.
The CEO team supports students and alumni with…
- Career and AOC exploration and decision-making
- Career management skill development including resumes, CVs, cover letters, interviewing, career planning, and networking skills
- Search strategies
- National/international fellowships and undergraduate research opportunities
- Student research travel grants
- Graduate/professional school
- Career and networking events
- Professional dress through the Career Closet
Employers & Graduate/Professional Schools – Recruiting Resources
- The CEO team provides recruiting assistance, consultation, and programming to employers and graduate/professional schools who wish to recruit from New College, connecting students to diverse opportunities.
- Recruiting Resources including information about our upcoming career fairs are available here.
HANDSHAKE, Connecting novos to opportunity!
- Handshake is an online career platform designed to provide students and employers the opportunity to interface to find jobs, internships and networking opportunities.
- Students can view relevant jobs and internships in an easy-to-use application which includes a wide variety of employers located all over the country.
- Students have a profile equipped with materials highlighting their career readiness so employers can interact with and recruit students for jobs.
- Students tailor their profile and customize their interests so they can easily engage in a meaningful job search process.
- Students can easily network with employers, apply for jobs and internships, secure interviews and make valuable connections using this resource.
- Employers and recruiters can post opportunities and sign up for NCF events, campus interviews, and more!
- Students: Schedule an appointment with the CEO through Handshake using myNCF login.
- The Focus 2 Career Assessment is an intuitive career guidance system that helps students to explore Areas of Concentration (AOC) and careers that connect to their work interests, values, personality, skills, and leisure interests.
Resume, Cover letter, and CV Writing Resource guide
- Identify possible internships. Ask your contract sponsor, other faculty, CEO career coaches, and search on HANDSHAKE for internships.
- Visit the CEO for help creating or reviewing your resume and the internship application documents. Mock interviews are also available.
- Report and document your internship through HANDSHAKE (select Career Center and Experiences).
- Make sure you add the internship to your e-contract to receive academic credit.
- You’re on the way to a successful experiential learning adventure!
- Any questions, call, email or visit the CEO.
Visit the CEO, located at LBR 154 on the north side of the Jane Bancroft Cook Library next to the walkway to east campus. You may also reach us via email or telephone, 941-487-5002. Students make appointments through Handshake using their myNCF login.
Follow the CEO on Facebook and Instagram @CareerCenterNCF