Here at New College, we have partnered with USF Health to bring you enhanced and more comprehensive medical services! Our services function just as a typical community primary care facility would, but with an office located on campus for the students’ convenience. Here is a guide to help you understand how our services work.
- All students can be seen for medical services at the CWC, both insured and uninsured. If the student has insurance, USF Health will charge the insurance carrier for the services rendered. Students without insurance will not be charged.
- We offer our patients the courtesy of medical services with NO co-payments charged for our USF Health services, as the student health fee covers the co-pays
- Please note that if you have insurance and you receive USF Health services, you may receive an EOB (Explanation of Benefits) in the mail. NOTE: An EOB is not a bill and so the amount billed by a provider on an EOB is not what you will have to pay.
- If you see one of our USF Health providers and they recommend that you obtain lab work, you must check with your insurance carrier AHEAD of TIME to see which lab you can utilize so that you will not receive a bill for the lab work.
- Alternatively, if for your convenience, you prefer to have your lab work done in our office, we will process your labs through Quest Labs.
- If you use us or an outside Quest Laboratory, and you later receive a bill from Quest Lab., USF Health billing department will review any associated lab charges for you. However, you must bring the bill to the CWC front desk staff in order for this review to occur. For specific cost information or an appointment, call (941) 487-4254.
- We have an after hours nursing line for medical questions and concerns. Please call (941) 487-4433
During the Fall and Spring terms, medical services are available with a medical practitioner. Services are not available during Summer term or Winter break.
Fall 2019 Medical Clinic Hours:
Monday: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Thursday: 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Please be aware that we are not available after hours. If a student has a medical emergency after hours, contact the campus police or 911 immediately.
Please do not hesitate to call the Center with any questions regarding health services that are not clarified for you via our website: 941-487-4254.