Here at New College, we have partnered with USF Health to bring you enhanced and more comprehensive medical services! Our services function just as a typical community primary care facility would with an office located at the near by University of South Florida Sarasota Manatee (USFSM) campus in the portable SMD 105 near the basketball court.Courtesy transportation is available. Here is a guide to help you understand how our services work.
All students can be seen for medical services at Sarasota-Manatee, in partnership with the CWC, whether insured and uninsured. If the student has insurance, USF Health will charge the insurance carrier for the services rendered. Students without insurance will not be charged for general medical video or office visits.
- We offer our patients the courtesy of medical services with NO co-payments charged for our USF Health services, as the student health fee covers the office visit co-pays
- Please note that if you have insurance and you receive USF Health services, you may receive an EOB (Explanation of Benefits) in the mail. NOTE: An EOB is not a bill and so the amount billed by a provider on an EOB is not what you will have to pay.
- If you see one of our USF Health providers and they recommend that you obtain lab work, you must check with your insurance carrier AHEAD of TIME to see which lab you can utilize so that you will not receive a bill for the lab work.
- Alternatively, if for your convenience, you prefer to have your lab work done in our office, we will process your labs through Quest Labs.
- If you use us or an outside Quest Laboratory, and you later receive a bill from Quest Lab., USF Health billing department will review any associated lab charges for you. For a medical appointment or to be transferred to billing department, call (941) 487-4254 Option 2.
- We have an after hours nursing line for medical questions and concerns. Please call (941) 487-4254 option 2 after 5:00 PM M-F and during the weekends
During the fall and spring terms, medical services are available with a medical practitioner. Services are not available during summer term or winter break.
fall 2021 Medical Clinic Hours
Telehealth appointments are available M-F 8 AM – 5 PM by calling (941) 487-4254 Option 2
In person appointments are available on Monday and Wednesday afternoons 1 PM -5 PM. Location is at Sarasota-Manatee campus SMD 105 (portable by the basketball court). Courtesy transportation is available by calling CWC at (941) 487-4254 Option 4 and showing your Green Check from the student symptom tracker
Medical Services include
- Primary Care
- COVID concerns
- Sexual Health and Gynecology
- STI Screenings
- Allergy shots
- Physical exams
- Laboratory services
- Psychiatry appointments are available based on referral from Counseling Center
- COVID screening available after Provider consultation
Primary care and COVID screenings are covered by tuition at no out of pocket cost. Medical insurance is billed, but tuition is a pre-payment for office visit co-payment. If insurance doesn’t pay for the primary care consultation, student is not charged as it’s covered by tuition.
Specialty Services like Sexual Health & Gynecology, STI Testing, Allergy Shots, and Psychiatry appointments can be billed to insurance or offered at low student rates. Tuition subsidizes these services, but not subsidized 100% Tele-health consultations for primary care, general medicine, sexual health and gynecology are offered at no out of pocket cost.
After hours nursing line is available for medical consultations by calling 941-487-4254 Option 2 after 5:00 PM M-F and during the weekends.
If a student has a medical emergency after hours, contact the campus police or 911 immediately.
Please do not hesitate to call the Center with any questions regarding health services that are not clarified for you via our website: 941-487-4254 Option 3.