Why earn a Master of Science degree in Applied Data Science at New College? Because it changes the world! In the digital age, we use data science to solve the biggest problems globally—from creating cancer treatments to improving transportation. Work toward this incredible, in-demand profession as a graduate student at New College.
About the Program
The Master’s in Applied Data Science is an affordable two-year program that consists of 36 credit hours spanning four semesters. The curriculum offers a blend of interdisciplinary theory and practical application of skills through courses such as Exploratory Data Analysis, Applied Machine Learning and Data Visualization. You will gain experience applying both Python and R to develop solutions for our corporate partners. And you will cultivate the industry knowledge, technical skills and real-world experience to launch a thriving career!
With 100% job placement and a $95k median salary, the MS in Applied Data Science program has a great return on your investment. Learn more about our affordable tuition and fees.
You don’t have to take our word for it: Read what our students and alumni have to say.
How to Apply
Documentation of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with an undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0, or documentation of a bachelor’s degree and record of successful achievement at an accredited college or university that uses narrative evaluations rather than grades.
The following are also required but can be fulfilled at a later date (no later than the program matriculation date). Candidates with missing documentation for these two requirements may receive a conditional acceptance.
- Successful completion of a course in Linear Algebra and
- Successful completion of a course in programming, or proof of programming proficiency
Please reach out to your admissions counselor for options, including online certificate options.
Please ensure that you submit all required application materials. These are:
- The online application
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (included institutions at which a degree was not conferred, but credits were earned) (required)
- Two letters of recommendation, minimum (required)
- Students with academic records from non-U.S. colleges or universities should arrange for professional evaluation (course-by-course with grade and credit equivalents, and grade point average), and translation, if necessary, of their transcripts by a NACES-member service
- Students who are not U.S. Citizens or U.S. Permanent Resident Aliens, and whose first language is not English, must provide proof of English proficiency. All options are as follows:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): minimum score of 83 (internet-based) or 560 (paper-based); International English Language Testing System (IELTS): minimum score of 6.5 , or
- Successful academic record with instruction in English (bilingual accepted) completed within the past two years, or
- Professional work in a setting where English is the primary language in use may be considered as a substitute for the testing requirement
- GRE, GRE Subject or GMAT scores (not required) (NCF’s GRE code is 5506)
Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. The process is selective and will include consideration of the following:
- Graduate Application for the Master of Science in Applied Data Science program
- Recent employment and/or academic experience (including fellowships, internships and research positions)
- Academic record (all post-secondary transcripts), with documentation of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university (or the foreign equivalent, as determined by a NACES-member transcript evaluation service)
- Letters of recommendation (minimum 2)
- GRE, GRE Subject or GMAT scores (not required)