The mission of the NCFP is to support student success by addressing the existence of short-term food insecurity.
In January 2018, New College of Florida opened the New College Food Pantry (NCFP). The Food Pantry is in partnership with the Peace Education and Action Center, the Food Bank of Manatee and All Faiths Food Bank. The mission of the NCFP is to support student success by addressing the existence of short-term food insecurity. Through collaboration across various departments at New College of Florida, student-led research, data collection, and support from campus and local community members, this critical resource provides emergency and supplemental food items of high nutritional value that contribute to the community’s need for access to hunger relief services.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Food Pantry is available to all of our NCF Community such as staff, faculty, and on-and-off campus students.
To gain access, contact Sean Brueggemann, Resident Hall Director at [email protected] to make an appointment to get your card encoded or attend our open encoding day events located at X-3140. The dates and times for the open encoding days are on NovoConnect.
The NCF Food Pantry is open 24/7 whenever there might be students on campus. Our Food Pantry is located in X-3150 which is next to the Resident Hall Directors Housing Office outside of X dorms. View Location
To gain access, contact Lily Tanner, Housing Area Coordinator at [email protected] or Syria Purdom, Director of Student Leadership and Campus Engagement at [email protected] to make an appointment to get your card encoded or attend one of our open encoding day events at the start of the semester. Check NovoConnect for the encoding day schedule.
You can donate food, hygiene products, menstrual products, or pet food. If interested in donating hygiene, menstrual, or pet food please check out our Amazon Wishlist.
- New College Food Pantry/X-3150: donation box is inside to the left of the door. You must have your card encoded to enter the location.
- Foundation/Keating Center: donation box is inside to the right on a table.
- Hamilton Center: donation box is inside to the right of the mailboxes.
- Human Resources/Palmer C: donation box is inside to the right.
- Jane Bancroft Cook Library: donation box is inside the library near the front door.
- Physical Plant: donation box is inside the front door of the main entrance.
- SA[u]CE Office/HCL4: donation box is inside to the left on the window ledge.
- Social Sciences Office/SSC Building: donation box is inside to the left near the mailboxes.
- Nat Sci Building/Hieser: donation bin is inside the division main office.
- Cook Hall(COH)/President Provost Office: donation box is straight inside on the ledge.
- CEO/Library 154: donation box is inside to the left
In addition to addressing food insecurity, our campus is committed to connecting students to additional resources for times of emergency or unexpected life events.