Welcome International Students
International students choose New College for its challenging academics, faculty mentorship of students, outstanding preparation for graduate school and strong value.
Scholarships for F-1 International Students
International students applying to enter New College on an F-1 student visa may be eligible for one of three New College scholarship programs, offering substantial to full financial support. For details on admission and scholarship consideration, please contact Ann Quinn, our international admissions counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (941) 487-4748 to alert us that you are applying, and to discuss admission requirements. All scholarships are subject to availability of funding and to renewal criteria.
International students should plan ahead for possible international mail delays, and adhere to April 1 as the goal date for meeting the priority deadline for scholarship funding for entry in the August (Fall) semester. Guaranteed scholarships are available until the class is closed. Please click here for information on costs for international students.
Presidential Scholarship Program
$15,000 per year
Latin American/Caribbean Scholarship Program
Over $20,000 per year
Daughters for Life Full Scholarship Program
New College of Florida has established, and will continue to build, programs designed to encourage the enrollment of international students. The Daughters for Life Foundation, working with New College’s local Sarasota-Bradenton-Longboat community, provides additional support to cover the remainder of tuition, housing, and other benefits for up to 10 talented female students with financial need to enroll at New College from Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and Egypt.
The Daughters for Life Foundation handles scholarship applications directly. Please contact Ann Quinn, our international admissions counselor, at email@example.com or (941) 487-4748 to discuss the New College admission requirements.Deadlines:
Dec. 31, 2015 -- DFL Foundation's scholarship application deadline
March 11, 2016 -- NCF's priority admission file completion deadline for DFL applicants
If you are applying to study at New College on an F-1 student visa, we will need the following to complete your admission file:
• Common Application
• Application fee ($30 USD)
• Completed recommendation form(s)
• Official transcript(s) for all secondary (high school ) level study sent directly by the school
• Official transcript(s) for all university level study (if any) sent directly by the school
• Official SAT or ACT scores, sent directly by the testing service
• If you are not a native speaker of English, scores from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language, institution code # 5506) or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). The minimum TOEFL score required for admission to New College is 560 (paper test) or 83 (internet-based test); the minimum IELTS score is 6.5. Scores are valid only for two years from the date of testing, and must be sent directly to New College of Florida by the testing service. For more information see the TOEFL website or the IELTS website.
• Transcript Evaluations and Translations: Transcripts from schools abroad require a course-by-course evaluation—with grade and credit equivalents—by a member service of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (such as Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. or World Education Services). Transcripts provided in a language other than English require a professional certified translation. Translations and evaluations supplement, but do not replace, the original documents.
These forms will be required if you are admitted and decide to enroll at New College:
• New College of Florida Financial Statement for International Students: Download this form here.
• New College of Florida Foreign National Tax Information Form: Download this form here.
Students with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Status
If you have approved formal status through DACA, provide proof of your DACA status along with your application. Financial statement information will not be required.
Click here for more information on scholarship opportunities for international students.