Accessible Learning Center (ALC)
The goal of the Accessible Learning Center at NCF is to guide and support students in need of accommodations throughout their college experience. The ALC supports students as they transition into the college environment and as they follow their path to graduation by:
- Facilitates partnership for students with accommodations and the NCF community.
- Registration and services are voluntary, confidential and free of charge to all NCF students with documented disabilities.
- As your partners in success, we are committed to you.
- Serving as the one-stop shop for your disability service needs, the ALC provides the resources to facilitate a smooth transition to university life.
- By providing one-on-one consultation throughout your academic journey, our ALC staff are a specialized resource for you.
NCF is committed to providing equal educational opportunities for all students. Students who have disabilities are offered a variety of reasonable accommodations in order to have complete access to all academic programs. This is in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations and other relevant state and federal legislation policies.
The ALC works to ensure that all students with accommodations have equal access to educational opportunities at New College of Florida. The ALC supports the development of independence and self-advocacy skills for NCF students, by providing them with resources, education, and direct services. In addition, the ALC partners with other areas on campus to ensure that students with accommodations are provided the opportunity to achieve their maximum potential. ALC leads the campus community in its commitments to embrace access to campus resources as a priority and to design a more welcoming environment for all.
For students new to New College or for our current student not registered in the Accessible Information Management (AIM) system.
For students registered in the AIM system that need to request accommodations for their next semester classes and/or for students that need to update their eligibility list of accommodations.
For students eligible for classroom and testing accommodations that need to schedule an appointment in the testing center or have questions about classroom and testing accommodations.
For residential accommodations such as requests for a single room, first floor room, assistance animals, and off-campus requests.