If you're ready to apply, you're in the right place.
Apply to New College of Florida online via The Common Application.
After you've created your Common Application account, add New College to your account. Then, you’ll be able to submit the following:
1. Completed Common Application (including the section under the "My Colleges" tab).
2. One Letter of Recommendation
3. $30 Nonrefundable Fee or Fee Waiver Request (freshman) Fee Waiver Request (Transfer Students)
You’ll also need to submit (via mail or electronic submission):
4. Official Transcript(s)*
5. Standardized Test Results (SAT or ACT, including writing score)*
*We are unable to accept faxed transcripts and test scores as official application materials.
Questions about the Common Application?
You can get online support through the Application Solutions Center.
International Students: Click here for additional application requirements.
One Letter of Recommendation
• Your letter of recommendation must be from a guidance counselor, college advisor, principal, dean or teacher who has taught you in an academic subject.
• Submit it using the Common Application Form for a first-year or transfer application, or the official New College Recommendation Form. The recommender must submit the letter directly to the Admissions Office electronically (if using the online Common Application) or by mail. We cannot accept recommendations submitted by the applicant. If using the Common Application, be sure to fill out and sign the Important Privacy Notice (check yes or no) to avoid any processing delays.
$30 Non-refundable Fee or Fee Waiver Request
Choose from the following:
• Submit payment as part of your online Common Application.
• Pay by credit card (online)
• Pay by credit card (by phone): Call 941-487-5000 (VISA, MasterCard and Discover only)
Fee Waiver Request: If the application fee presents a hardship, please have your school counselor use the Common Application Fee Waiver Form.
Use the NACAC Request for Application Fee Waiver form, SAT or ACT Fee Waiver forms (see your guidance counselor for more information). Transfer students please use the NACAC Request for Transfer Application Fee Waiver form.
The fee waiver must be approved through the Common Application by your counselor/advisor or the original must be mailed directly from your school.
• Official transcripts from each secondary and post-secondary school you have attended must be submitted electronically or by mail (sealed/stamped/signed). Faxed transcripts will not be accepted. (Electronic Submission: New College is a SPEEDE institution. We also may be addressed by FASTER schools using Institution ID #10002 and Spex Inst ID #730000003957400.)
• If you completed high school by GED, you must also submit an official transcript of your GED exam scores.
• Students earning the AA from a Florida public community college should inquire individually about waiving the high school transcript requirement.
Standardized Test Results (SAT or ACT)
• Official SAT or ACT scores (including writing score) must be reported on your official school transcript(s), or submitted directly to our office by the testing service using the codes College Board (SAT) #5506 or American College Testing Program #0750.
• Students earning the AA from a Florida public community college should inquire individually about waiving the requirement for SAT or ACT scores.
Waitlist questions and answers
Appeals by denied applicants
Use of Social Security Numbers: The NCF Office of Admissions and Financial Aid collects and uses Social Security Numbers (SSNs) as necessary for the performance of the College's duties and responsibilities, taking appropriate measures to secure SSNs from unauthorized access. For more information click here.