If you're ready to apply, you're in the right place.
The fastest and easiest way to apply to New College of Florida is online through The Common Application.
Through commonapp.org you’ll be able to submit the following:
1. Completed Common Application and Supplement (submitted together)
2. One Letter of Recommendation
3. $30 Non-refundable Fee or Fee Waiver Request
You’ll also need to submit (via mail or electronic submission):
4. Official Transcript(s)*
5. Standardized Test Results (SAT or ACT)*
*We are unable to accept faxed transcripts and test scores as official application materials.
International Students: Click here for additional application requirements.
You may also submit your application by mail.
One Letter of Recommendation
• Your letter of recommendation must be from a guidance counselor, college advisor, principal, dean or teacher who has taught you in an academic subject within the past two years at your school.
• Submit it using the official New College Recommendation Form (preferred) or the Common Application Form for a first-year or transfer application. The recommender must submit the letter directly to the Admissions Office electronically (if using the online Common Application) or by mail. We cannot accept recommendations submitted by the applicant. If using the Common Application, be sure to fill out and sign the Important Privacy Notice (check yes or no) to avoid any processing delays.
$30 Non-refundable Fee or Fee Waiver Request
Choose from the following:
• Submit payment as part of your online Common Application.
• Pay by credit card (online)
• Pay by credit card (by phone): Call 941-487-5000 (VISA, MasterCard and Discover only)
• Pay by Check: Enclose a check or money order (drawn on a U.S. bank in U.S. funds only and made payable to New College of Florida) with your printed application.
Fee Waiver Request: If the application fee presents a hardship, please use the NACAC Request for Application Fee Waiver form or the SAT Fee Waiver form (see your guidance counselor for more information). The fee waiver must be mailed directly from your school.
• Official transcripts (sealed/stamped/signed) from each secondary and post-secondary school you have attended must be submitted electronically or by mail. Faxed transcripts will not be accepted. (Electronic Submission: New College is a SPEEDE institution. We also may be addressed by FASTER schools using Institution ID #10002 and Spex Inst ID #730000003957400.)
• If you completed high school by GED, you must also submit an official transcript of your GED exam scores.
• Students earning the AA from a Florida public community college should inquire individually about waiving the high school transcript requirement.
Standardized Test Results (SAT or ACT)
• Official SAT or ACT scores must be reported on your official school transcript(s), or submitted directly to our office by the testing service using the codes College Board (SAT) #5506 or American College Testing Program #0750.
• Students earning the AA from a Florida public community college should inquire individually about waiving the requirement for SAT or ACT scores.
Application by Mail
You may download and print the application forms below or call the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid at 941-487-5000 to receive an application by mail. The Common Application and the Supplement must be submitted together.
Printable Common Application for First-Year students
Printable Common Application for Transfer students
Printable Common Application Supplement
New College Recommendation Form
Mail to: Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
New College of Florida
5800 Bay Shore Road
Sarasota, FL 34243
Waitlist questions and answers
Appeals by denied applicants
Use of Social Security Numbers: The NCF Office of Admissions and Financial Aid collects and uses Social Security Numbers (SSNs) as necessary for the performance of the College's duties and responsibilities, taking appropriate measures to secure SSNs from unauthorized access. For more information click here.