Scholarships for Out-of-State Freshmen
Our Scholarship Guarantee
You will receive scholarship funding to attend New College if:
• All of your required admission materials are on file by the time the class is closed.
• You are admitted to New College for Fall 2016.
• You are a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident Alien, or eligible non-citizen.
• You submit your $200 enrollment deposit no later than May 1, 2016.
All required application materials (including official transcripts, exam scores, and the recommendation) must be received by the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid on or before the deadline, EST.
Mail postmarked by the appropriate date will meet the deadline so long as the mail is received by 5:00 PM EST, the following business day.
Scholarship funding amounts are tied to residency for tuition purposes. (For example, a student who is a Florida resident for tuition purposes will not be eligible for assignment of the Presidential Scholarship for out-of-state students.) For more info on tuition and residency, please contact your admissions counselor.
Scholarship Value: $15,000 ($60,000 over four years)
Out-of-state students enrolling in Fall 2015 will be awarded a $15,000 per year Presidential Scholarship.
New College National Excellence Award
Scholarship Value: $17,500 ($70,000 over four years)
For the Excellence Award, you must be one of the following:
• National Hispanic Scholar, recognized by the College Board National Hispanic Recognition Program; or
• National Achievement® Finalist, and select New College as your first-choice school according to National Merit Scholarship Corporation procedures; or
• National Merit® Finalist, and select New College as your first-choice school according to National Merit Scholarship Corporation procedures.
This scholarship is assigned to five types of finalist, and is funded from a combination of sources, including these funds:
-- NCF National Merit College-Sponsored Scholarship
-- NCF National Merit Corporate-Sponsored Scholarship
-- National Achievement $2,500 Scholarship
-- National Achievement Corporate-Sponsored Scholarship
A New College National Scholarship Program Award replaces the Presidential Scholarship.
Isermann Medal Program
The Isermann Medal program provides research experiences in mathematics and the natural sciences for academically talented first-year out-of-state students.
Other Resources and Opportunities
Need-Based Financial Aid
In addition to an academic scholarship, you could qualify for even more gift assistance if you are a US Citizen, US Permanent Resident Alien, or qualified non-resident alien. Complete the 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov as soon as possible after January 1, 2016. Our school code is 039574. For Maximum Aid Eligibility: complete both your admission application file and your FAFSA by February 15, 2016 for priority consideration for need-based funding.
For information on private scholarships, click here.
Latin American/Caribbean Scholarship Program
For further details, click here.
Special Circumstances: information for Veterans, U.S. Service Members, Public Servants, and their families; and out-of-state waivers for students with three years of attendance and graduation from Florida high schools
For details, click here.