Thanks to all employees and students who have participated in our on-campus testing. If you are going to be on campus this fall, please submit your most recent COVID-19 test result (administered on or after July 22) before returning to campus. Employees should submit their results to Human Resources Assistant Vice President Loretta Shields at email@example.com and students to the Counseling & Wellness Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our student orientation leaders and resident assistants began welcoming our first-year class to campus on Friday. As an increasing number of people come back to campus, it is very important that everyone at New College abide by our health and safety policies:
- Wear a face covering on campus, both indoors and outdoors. Only remove your face mask if you are alone in your office or dorm bedroom with the door closed.
- Maintain six feet of social distance between yourself and other individuals.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Wipe down your desk/work area before and after each class.
- Do not gather in groups larger than 10 people.
- Use the symptom checker daily before going to class or work (starting August 24).
- Participate in the random campus testing (at least 10 percent of the campus population will be tested initially every week, and this rate of testing may increase or decrease based on new knowledge and the number of cases we are experiencing).
If you are a student living on campus who tests positive for COVID-19, you will be quarantined in a designated dorm room for 10 days. If you are a student living off campus, or an employee who tests positive, you must self-isolate away from campus for 10 days. You must also be symptom-free for 72 hours prior to ending quarantine.
Please visit our COVID-19 Updates & Resources website for the latest New College updates, policies and procedures related to the coronavirus and our plans for reopening campus. Please continue to practice social distancing, wash your hands frequently and use face coverings.