I know that many of you are concerned about the coronavirus and its potential impact on our campus. We will provide updates on our Campuswide Alerts page. Please continue to remain vigilant about following general flu prevention guidelines. In particular, wash your hands with soap and water frequently.
Students who are experiencing cough, fever, and shortness of breath should go to the Counseling & Wellness Center. Employees who are experiencing these symptoms should see their health care provider. While 18 students visited the Counseling & Wellness Center yesterday with health concerns, all were confirmed to be cold and allergy cases.
The Campus Fitness Center is undergoing extra cleaning and disinfecting treatments, while Metz is taking the following precautions in the dining areas:
- Posting signs asking guests to sanitize hands and directing them to sanitizer product.
- Ordering additional sanitizer units and wipes.
- Sanitizing serving stations every 15 minutes and changing out tongs at self-serve stations every 30 minutes.
- Requiring cashiers to wear gloves.
- Providing wrapped utensils.
- Reinforcing proper hand washing protocols.
- Sanitizing all tabletops and serving stations with a peroxide-based ecolab product that is used in hospitals and nursing homes.
As we approach Spring Break, please check to see if your destination is on the Center for Disease Control’s travel watch list and take necessary precautions. Let’s look out for and care for one another — the health and safety of our entire campus community is of the utmost importance for all of us.