Earlier this fall, New College’s Office of Outreach and Inclusive Excellence invited students to create dynamic video Public Service Announcements (PSAs), sharing effective COVID-19 health practices and information with the campus and the larger Sarasota community.
Congratulations to the winners! Click here to watch the videos.
A committee of New College staff and students reviewed the submissions. Competition winners received cash prizes: $500 for first prize, $300 for second and $200 for third. The winning PSAs will be shared with local media, businesses, schools and colleges.
Topic ideas included (but were not limited to):
- Proper hand washing and disinfecting strategies
- Guidance on managing stress during the pandemic
- Signs and symptoms of COVID-19, and who to contact for support/testing
- Dos and don’ts of social distancing
- Local support resources
- Other information beneficial to the Sarasota and Manatee communities