Ph.D., Music, Princeton University
M.M., Yale School of Music
B.A., Composition, Yale, University
Mark Dancigers is a critically acclaimed composer of music for orchestra, ballet, and chamber ensembles. He has composed for the New York City Ballet, scored documentaries selected for the Sundance and Toronto Film Festivals, and appears as a composer, electric guitarist, and producer on over a dozen albums released on the New Amsterdam and Tzadik record labels. His scores have been performed by the Minnesota, Alabama, Cabrillo, and Thunder Bay Symphony Orchestras, and he has collaborated as a guitarist and arranger with indie-rock artists Dan Deacon and San Fermin.
His music has been performed nationally and internationally at the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao Spain, the Athens Concert Hall in Greece, the Apples and Olives Festival Zurich Switzerland, the Nordernzon Performing Arts Festival in the Netherlands, New York City Center, Carnegie Hall, the Martha Graham Theater, UC Berkeley’s Center for New Music and Audio Technologies, and many others. As an album producer, his credits include pianist Michael Mizrahi’s “Currents” (2016) and “The Bright Motion” (2012), which made the Top Ten Best Classical Releases of 2012 in both Time Out New York and Time Out Chicago.
Dancigers studied music at Yale, the Yale School of Music, and Princeton University, where he received his PhD, writing a concerto for electric guitar and orchestra as his dissertation. With a passion for sharing the craft of composition, he has taught at Yale, the University of Redlands School of Music, and the New College of Florida, where he is currently Assistant Professor of Digital Media and Music.
Electronic Music I and II
Writing Music for Film
• 2017 NOW Ensemble, Patrick Burke, Emily Pinkerton, “Rounder Songs”. Electric guitar. New Amsterdam Records.
• 2016 Michael Mizrahi, “Currents”. Composition and album producer. New Amsterdam Records.
• 2015 NOW Ensemble, “Dreamfall.” Composition and electric guitar. New Amsterdam Records.
• 2015 Joshua Quillen (So Percussion), “Steel Drums”. Composition. Bandcamp.
• 2014 yMusic, “Balance Problems.” Composition. New Amsterdam Records.
• 2012 Missy Mazzoli, “Song from the Uproar”. Electric guitar. Time Out New York Top 10 Release of the Year. New Amsterdam Records.
• 2012 Michael Mizrahi, “The Bright Motion”. Compositions and Album Producer. Time Out New York Top 10 Release of the Year. New Amsterdam Records.
• 2011 NOW Ensemble, “Awake”. Electric guitar and compositions. National radio play on NPR. New Amsterdam Records.
• 2010 William Brittelle, “Television Landscape”. Electric guitar. New Amsterdam Records.