To request accommodations, please complete the following steps:
- Using these instructions, register a non-NCF email address to receive a unique one-time passcode.
- Complete the NCF New Student Request Form.
- Upload reliable 3rd party information regarding your disability, learning difference, or medical condition using our secure service portal, AIM.
- A staff member from SDS will contact you to schedule a meeting to discuss your request to establish accommodations.
- During this first meeting with SDS, the staff member will work with you to review your documentation along with your request form. If additional information is needed, the staff member will let you know and give instructions on how to submit any additional information. If applicable, the staff member will give a “tour” of the online AIM portal and instructions on how to utilize your accommodations.
Renew Academic Accommodations
To renew academic accommodations, please complete the following steps:
- Login to the secure service portal, AIM. Use your full NCF email address and NCF password to log-in. You will be automatically directed to “My Dashboard”.
- Scroll down to “Select Accommodations for Your Class” section and then select “Step 1”.
- Scroll down and select the classes that need accommodations. You must select each class by checking the box to the left of the class name.
- Once the classes are selected in “Step 1”, select “Step 2” and select “Continue to customize your accommodations”.
- Select accommodations for each class. You select each accommodation by checking the box to the left of the accommodation.
- When finished checking the boxes for each class, select “Submit your accommodation request” to complete the process.
- Our office will review your request and provide your professors with a Faculty Notification email with details of accommodations within two (2) business days after submitting your request.
- In the event a student needs additional coordination for their accommodations (i.e. alternative format or classroom furniture), the SDS office will reach out to the requesting student.
Accommodations may include but are not limited to the following:
- Extended time for exams (1.5 to 2x normal time allowed)
- Alternate location/decreased distraction for exams
- Ability to request alternate exam date or time
- Use of computer for exams
- Reader for exam
Test Requests for Current Students with Accommodations:
For students with testing accommodations exams can be proctored at the SDS Testing Center in HCL 6. Students taking exams are monitored by video cameras and students are required to schedule those exams at least 5 business days in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note-taking services
- Enlarged course material
- Permission to record lectures
- Computer in class for notes
- Accessible classroom and furniture
- Sign-language interpreters
- Assistive listening devices
- Real-time captioning
- Speech-to-text service
- Textbooks in an alternate format
- Single room
- First-floor access
- Off-campus space
- Access to full kitchen
- Reduced meal plan
- Emotional Support Animal (ESA)
- Service Animal
Residential Requests for Current Students with Accommodations:
If you are a student with a qualifying disability seeking disability-related residential accommodations for the FALL 2021 semester, your request must be submitted to Student Disability Services by June 28, 2021, at 5 p.m. Students will be notified prior to July 26 2021, of a decision. All disability-related Housing Accommodations must be requested (and SDS is in full receipt of all required documents and verification forms) by the stated Housing application deadline.
Click here for additional Residential Accommodation information
Personal Care Attendants
New College of Florida understands that Personal Care Attendants (PCAs) may be necessary to address the personal needs of a student with a disability in order for that student to fully participate at New College. An otherwise qualified student who requires personal attendant services is responsible for making arrangements to provide for their own personal attendant services. New College does not assume coordination or financial responsibilities for personal attendant services.
Click here for additional PCA information