International students choose New College for its challenging academics, faculty mentorship of students, outstanding preparation for graduate school and strong value.
International students applying to enter New College on an F-1 student visa may be eligible for one of two New College scholarship programs, offering substantial to full financial support. For details on admission and scholarship consideration, please contact Sharon Alcock, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 941-487-4427 to alert us that you are applying, and to discuss admission requirements. All scholarships are subject to availability of funding and to renewal criteria.
International students should plan ahead for possible international mail delays, and adhere to April 1 as the goal date for meeting the priority deadline for scholarship funding for entry in the August (Fall) semester. Guaranteed scholarships are available until April 15, 2019. Please click here for information on costs for international students.
Presidential Scholarship Program
$15,000 per year
Latin American/Caribbean Scholarship Program
Over $20,000 per year
If you are applying to study at New College on an F-1 student visa, we will need the following to complete your admission file:
• Common Application
• Application fee ($30 USD)
• Completed recommendation form(s)
• Official transcript(s) for all secondary (high school ) level study sent directly by the school
• Official transcript(s) for all university level study (if any) sent directly by the school
• Self-reported test scores – please note that official SAT or ACT scores, sent directly by the testing service, would be required upon admission and enrollment.
• If you do not attend an English speaking school or are unable to meet a minimum SAT verbal score, the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language, institution code # 5506) or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) would be required. The minimum TOEFL score required for admission to New College is 560 (paper test) or 83 (internet-based test); the minimum IELTS score is 6.5. Scores are valid only for two years from the date of testing, and must be sent directly to New College of Florida by the testing service. For more information see the TOEFL website or the IELTS website.
• Transcript Evaluations and Translations: Transcripts from schools abroad require a course-by-course evaluation—with grade and credit equivalents—by a member service of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (such as Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. or World Education Services). Transcripts provided in a language other than English require a professional certified translation. Translations and evaluations supplement, but do not replace, the original documents.
These forms will be required if you are admitted and decide to enroll at New College:
Click here for more information on scholarship opportunities for international students.