A party at the Center of the Universe
COUPs are held three times a year on changing dates associated with Halloween, Valentine’s Day and Commencement.
Next COUP: TBD, OCTOBER 2018
Some points for all Center of the Universe Parties:
- This is a student event to which alums have been invited. While returning alums may feel at home at New College, we must remember that New College actually IS HOME to current students. The security and well-being of current students, some of whom are minor and most of whom are below legal drinking age, must remain our foremost concern. Please be a courteous and responsible guest.
- The students have planned for the festivities to last until 5 a.m. Noise complaints can shut down the music. As such, adjustments to volume may be made at the discretion of the student sponsors. A sufficient number of campus police and hired security have been arranged to keep the event open and secure.
- For returning alums, please note that over the years the event space has expanded beyond Palm Court. The students utilize many areas around the Pei dorm campus and Nook areas for various types of music and various times during the event. In particular, the interior of Hamilton Center remains open for the entire event.
- ALL alums and their guests MUST HAVE A WRISTBAND to obtain entry to the COUP. The NCAA is the ONLY entity giving out wristbands for alums and their guests. Please check back for wristband availabilities for current COUP. Student Affairs will NOT be distributing wristbands to alumnae/i. Alums must have a Photo ID to get their wristband.
- Alums may bring one guest to the COUP. Guests are also required to have a wristband, which must be picked up when the alum gets their wristband from the Keating Center.
- As an alumnus, you may not pick up a wristband for another alumnus unless that alumnus is registered as your guest.