Where to Park
We welcome visitors to our campus! Please follow these directions when parking on campus.
During the business day, visitors to the campus should use the reserved "Visitor Spaces." Please note that these spaces are available for a limited time period. You may visit our Map & Directions page to find the parking area closest to your destination. On Admissions Tour days, parents of prospective students may park anywhere in the vicinity of the Admissions Welcome Center (College Hall).
Free parking is available outside of designated visitor spots for special events such as lectures and performances, most of which take place outside of normal business hours. There is free parking at the Sudakoff Conference Center, at the Caples Fine Arts Complex and Mildred Sainer Pavilion, and in front of College Hall for special events. For large events such as fundraisers and Commencement, our friendly Parking staff and Campus Police will direct you.
During business hours, if your length of stay will exceed the allotted time period for visitor parking, please secure a temporary visitor permit from the Office of Student Affairs, Parking Services Office, or the Campus Police Department. Any New College faculty, staff or student who is not in possession of his/her permit must also obtain a temporary permit.
Here are some important tips to follow to keep you and your vehicle safe:
• Lock your vehicle when you park.
• Don't leave your vehicle unattended with the motor running.
• Don't leave money or valuables in your vehicle where they can be seen.
• Call Campus Police for evening escort to your vehicle (941) 487-4210.
• Keep your keys in your hand when entering or leaving your vehicle.
• Be aware of your surroundings when entering or leaving your vehicle.
• Use the emergency phones provided in the parking lots to contact campus police in the event of an emergency.
New College License Plates
New College's special license plates are a great way for Florida residents to show their support, because $25 of the annual cost goes directly to support the College. To keep our “special edition” plates rolling down the highway, find out how you can purchase a New College tag.
Information on parking permit rates and fines can be found here.