Break through boundaries. Study abroad.

Choose your path. Create an independent study project or tutorial for travel during the academic year. Participate in the National Student Exchange (NSE) and study at one of 190 participating colleges and universities in the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Mexico, Netherlands and Spain. Apply for travel scholarships or National Fellowships. Travel through an accredited study abroad program offered though any university, or enroll in an accredited, privately-owned study abroad program.

At New College, students can study off-campus in the second and third year of study or occasionally during the first semester of the fourth year if the work directly supports Senior Thesis research. For information on the National Student Exchange program and study abroad, please contact Florence Zamsky in the Academic Resource Center at 941-487-4318 or Transfer students should discuss eligibility requirements specific to individual transfer status.

“Studying abroad gave me a taste of the possibilities in the world and added a new and developed sense of wonder.” —Rebecca Keenan

Off-Campus Study Brochure









Study Abroad
New College of Florida
Language Resource Center
Cook Library
5800 Bay Shore Road,
Sarasota, Florida  34243-2109

Phone: (941) 487-4318