Campus Police - Community Alerts
Bike Theft (5/7/13)
There have been several thefts from the bike racks around the Cook Library and Academic Building over the past several months. NC/USF S-M Students, Faculty, and Staff are encouraged to secure their bikes when leaving them unattended and to please contact Campus Police if you see any suspicious activity/persons at 941-487-4210 or from any NC/USF S-M Campus Blue Phone.
Suspect Description: White Male, mid 20's, 200-210 lbs., short cropped blond hair wearing a black tee shirt with a green fluorescent "Monster" drink logo on the front and tan colored cargo pants.
Campus Police will be distributing this information and photo to local Law Enforcement Agencies for inclusion into their respective bulletins.
Here are some personal safety tips:
• Walk with another person after dark or call Campus Police at 941-487-4210 for an escort. You may also contact Campus Police from any Emergency Blue Light Phone. Make sure you familiarize yourself with their locations of those phones around the New College and USF Campuses.
• Stay in well-lit areas. Avoid shortcuts and isolated areas and walk away from alleys, dark corners, and bushes whenever possible.
• Trust your instincts if you suspect you are being followed. Change directions and head for an occupied building, a group of people, or an Emergency Blue Light Phone.
• If a driver stops and talks to you, keep your distance from the vehicle to avoid the risk of being pulled inside.
Please report all suspicious persons and vehicles to Campus Police at 941-487-4210 or your local Law Enforcement Agency at 911 if you live off-campus.
• Please make sure to call in any suspicious person or activity to Campus Police from any Blue Emergency Phone or call (941) 487-4210.
• Please keep your bikes and vehicles locked.
• Please keep your Residence Hall Exterior and Interior Doors shut. When you leave, make sure they are locked. Don’t prop open these doors open with tape other obstructions as this can allow unauthorized persons to enter.