Palm Court Party (PCP)
The Halloween PCP will be taking place on Saturday, November 2, 2013. To make certain this event is as successful and enjoyable as it has been in past years, the NCAA would like to stress the following points:
• The PCP is a student event to which alums have been invited. While we, returning alums, may feel at home at New College, we must remember that New College actually IS HOME to current students. The security and well-being of current students, some of whom are minor and most of whom are below legal drinking age, must remain our foremost concern. Please be a courteous and responsible guest.
• The students have planned for the PCP to last until sunrise. That being said, as you may recall, an off campus noise complaint can (and probably will) shut down the music. As such, adjustments to volume may be made at the discretion of the student sponsors of the PCP. A sufficient number of campus police and hired security have been arranged to keep the party open and secure during the entire time.
• For older alums, please note that over the years students have expanded PCPs beyond Palm Court proper. The students utilize many areas around the Pei dorm campus for various types of music and various times through the party. In particular, the interior of Hamilton Center will be part of the PCP, and will remain open until sunrise.
• Chill Out Room, HCL 7: Students and alumnae/i are welcome to visit the chill out room in HCL 7 throughout the duration of the PCP. The chill space offers water and snacks and a quiet escape from the sometimes over stimulating environment of the party. Feel free to invite a friend and rest up, but we ask visitors to keep their voices low while inside.
• ALL alums and their guests MUST HAVE A WRISTBAND to obtain entry to the PCP. The NCAA is the ONLY entity giving out wristbands for alums and their guests on Thursday 10/31 and Friday, 11/1. You may come by The Keating Center from 11 am-5 pm on those days to obtain your PCP wristbands. Any alums arriving in town the day of PCP will need to pick up their wristbands on Saturday, November 2 between 4-6 pm at the Office of Student Affairs, HCL 2. They will be outside distributing. No wristbands will be available after 6 pm.
ALUMS MUST PICK UP THEIR WRISTBANDS DURING THE DESIGNATED TIMES! THERE WILL NOT BE EXTRA WRISTBANDS AVAILABLE FOR ALUMS AT THE ENTRANCE TO PCP!!!!