Scholarships for Out-of-State Freshmen
Our Scholarship Guarantee
You will receive scholarship funding to attend New College if:
• All of your required admission materials are on file by May 15, 2014.
• You are admitted to New College for Fall 2014 as a first-time-in-college student.
• You are a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident Alien, or eligible non-citizen.
• You submit your $200 enrollment deposit no later than May 15, 2014.
All required materials (including official transcripts, exam scores, and the recommendation) must be postmarked or transmitted on or before the deadline and received by the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid no later than 10 days after the deadline.
Tuition and scholarship funding amounts are tied to Florida's State University System rules for residency. For more information on residency, contact your admissions counselor.
$15,000 ($60,000 over four years)
Every qualified out-of-state student enrolling in Fall 2014 and meeting the criteria listed above will be awarded a $15,000 per year Presidential Scholarship ($60,000 over four years).
New College National Scholarship Program
These scholarships are awarded on the basis of standing in the National Merit Scholarship Program, National Achievement Scholarship Program, or National Hispanic Recognition Program.
$17,500 ($70,000 over four years)
For the Excellence Award, you must be one of the following:
• National Achievement® Finalist, and select New College as your first-choice school according to National Merit Scholarship Corporation procedures; or
• National Hispanic Scholar, recognized by the College Board National Hispanic Recognition Program; or
• National Merit® Finalist, and select New College as your first-choice school according to National Merit Scholarship Corporation procedures.
A New College National Scholarship Program Award replaces the Presidential Scholarship.
Need-Based Financial Aid
In addition to an academic scholarship, you could qualify for even more gift assistance if you are a US Citizen, or US Permanent Resident Alien, or qualified non-resident alien. Complete the 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov as soon as possible after January 1, 2014. Our school code is 039574. For Maximum Aid Eligibility: complete both your admission application file and your FAFSA by April 1, 2014 for priority consideration for need-based funding.