Our Graduates in Natural Sciences
John Lentini (above) is one of the country’s pre-eminent fire investigators. Since 1975, he has given expert testimony in over 200 cases in civil and criminal court. He now operates Scientific Fire Analysis, LLC out of his laidback home in Big Pine Key, Florida. “New College taught me to think outside the box, before thinking outside the box was cool,” he says. “In assessing circumstantial evidence, which is what I do every day, keeping the context in mind is the most important thing."
• Lonnie Draper, M.D. - currently an entrepreneur in healthcare technology (CEO of Avocare), former vice president of Emergency Medicine at Tallahassee Memorial and still practicing there as well. He is also an associate professor in Emergency Medicine for the Florida State University College of Medicine.
• Mark Carroll, Ph.D. - research entomologist, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida.
• Barbara Junge, J.D. - received her M.P.A. from Princeton University and J.D. from NYU and is currently an attorney in Miami, FL.
• Craig Brown, Ph.D. - fisheries biologist, National Marine Fishery Service, Miami, Florida.
• Kristin Kalmbacher, M.D. - received her M.D. from Tulane University and specializes in family and emergency medicine in Fairhope, AL.
• Michael Lepore, M.D. - vascular surgeon, Samson Showalter Lepore Surgeons, Sarasota, Florida.
• University of Chicago