Living Learning Community
Living Learning Communities (LLCs) provide unique environments where select groups of students share common residential and learning experiences. Based on disciplinary and interdisciplinary themes, LLCs create intentional links between academic, social, and residential experiences.
* Living with students who share similar interests, passions and challenges
* Access to peers for study groups, mentoring and leadership experience
* Interest-based on campus programming
* Opportunities for explore off campus resources
* Collaborative academic opportunities
* Networking prospects
* Global community development
Each of our Living Learning Communities is staffed by full-time professional administrators who work collaboratively with faculty, staff and resident. Together this team integrates both professional and personal interests to enhance the academic and social experience here at New College.
It is an honor and privilege to be a member of a Living Learning Community. Spaces are limited. Priority is given to students who demonstrate a commitment to academic success, intellectual curiosity, civic engagement and lifelong learning. A letter of interest outlines why students wish to participate and any previous experience should be accompanied with the housing application.
Wellness Living-Learning Community
In the Wellness LLC, located in “V" and "W” halls, community members share goals of developing well-balanced lifestyle choices. Programs are designed to provide experience in making healthy lifestyle choices and developing strategies for lifetime fitness and wellness. Members will be exposed to nutritional information, cooking classes, fitness programs and stress management programs.
Benefits of the Wellness LLC
* Cooking lessons
* Fitness training programs
* Opportunities to participate in community service projects
* Counseling programs to address strategies for stress management
Located In: "V" Hall and “W” Hall: Open to all New College students.
Global Village Living-Learning Community
Looking for a way to enhance your global experience? Members of Global Village have the opportunity to live with students who share a desire to learn more about international travel, culture and the global community. We encourage exchange students, as well as, NCF students to share their cultural differences in an attempt to strengthen international relationships and broaden their educational experience.
The Global Village is open to students of all majors who are interested in being a part of a community of scholars striving for global understanding and tolerance. Members will have the opportunity to attend cultural programming, international themed meals and guest lecturers and learn how to prepare themselves to travel abroad.
Located In: “X” Hall. Open to all NCF students
Benefits of the Global Village LLC
* Explore world events with visiting faculty and guest speakers
* Learn about career opportunities with a global focus
* Learn how to travel internationally
* Engage with current New College of Florida students studying abroad
* Contribute to community service projects
Quiet Community Living-Learning Community
In Quiet Community, members have the opportunity to live with students who share a focus on academics. This community is allocated for those who want quiet living conditions all the time, 24 hours a day. Availability is based on student request for this type of living and interest of the student population.
Located In: “Y” Hall. Open to all New College students.
Benefits of the Quiet Community - LLC
• Enjoy shared interests with members of the community who wish to support an atmosphere which is conducive to sleep and study at all times during the day and night.
• Creates opportunities for each person agrees to address other students if that environment is not being supported at any time. If any student is found to disrupt this atmosphere during the course of the semester, the individual may be required to move from Quiet Housing to another residence hall or house on campus.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. I agree to abide by the quiet hours established at the beginning of each semester by all members of this community.
2. I agree to address other residents if they are not upholding the contract. I will contact my Residential Advisor or Campus Police if I am not comfortable doing so myself.
3. I agree to hold all of my guests accountable to these guidelines.
4. I agree to hold all social activities within the established quiet hours.
5. I agree to respect the rights of other members of the community to request a quiet environment at all times and will comply with any given request to support this type of atmosphere in the residence hall.
6. I agree to support all programs that benefit the quiet housing community.
SuccessQuest is a semester-long program that engages students in building skills that support success. The program will include pre-work, special orientation activities, and 12 programs, plus individual activities.
Pre-work: Participants will complete personal, career and wellness assessments
Special Orientation Activities: Reception for participants and their families, initial program meeting
Programs and Activities:
* One-on-one assessment and goal-setting coaching sessions
* Personalized activities to build skills in areas identified in assessments
* Group activities and programs to enhance skills in resilience, self-efficacy and emotional intelligence
* One-on-one mentor meetings
* Career-related community engagement opportunities and programs
* Professional presentation programming
* Program completion celebration