Welcome International Students
New College's unique combination of challenging academics, strong mentorship between faculty and students, unparalleled preparation for graduate school and outstanding value make it a perfect fit for many international students.
That is why despite our small size, New College annually attracts students from more than 25 different countries, comprising slightly more than 5 percent of our total student population. Among our currently enrolled students are ones from Brazil, China, Colombia, France, Italy, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russia, Suriname, the United Kingdom, and Venezuela -- just to name a few
• In addition to the required materials listed on the Application page, if you are not a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident Alien, you must submit a New College Financial Statement. If you currently hold a U.S. Visa, you will also need to file a New College Visa Clearance Form.
• TOEFL scores: If you are not a native speaker of English, you must submit TOEFL scores. (Use institution code #5506.) The minimum TOEFL score required for admission to New College is 560 (paper test), 220 (computer-based test) or 83 (internet-based test). Scores must be sent directly to our office by the testing service. For more information see the TOEFL website.
• Translation and Evaluation: Documentation of secondary-level and any college- or university-level studies presented in any language other than English must be accompanied by professional, certified English translations. Documentation of secondary-level and any college- or university-level studies that do not have US accreditation must be evaluated by an approved outside service such as Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. or World Education Services. Translations and evaluations supplement, but do not replace, the original documents.
• New College of Florida Financial Statement for International Students: Download this form here.
• New College of Florida Foreign National Tax Information Form: Download this form here.
• New College of Florida Visa Clearance for International Students: This form is required if you currently hold a US Visa.
International students should take account of possible international mail delays and adhere to April 15 as the deadline for fall admission and November 15 as the deadline for spring admission.
Scholarship funds are limited for international students. However, The State of Florida, through its linkage programs, offers a limited number of one-year tuition reduction scholarships to students from selected countries.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Ann Quinn, our International Admissions Coordinator.
Deadlines & Decision Dates
Our deadline for priority admission and scholarship consideration is November 9, 2012. All students who meet this deadline will receive a decision by April 1, 2013, however some students will receive their decisions sooner. We will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis November 2, 2012 through May 10, 2013. Students will receive their decisions on a rolling basis.
May 10, 2013 is the guaranteed scholarship deadline for freshmen and priority deadline for transfers.
*All required materials must be postmarked or transmitted on or before the deadline, and received by New College Admissions no later than 10 days after that deadline. Please plan ahead to make sure we get all of your materials on time!