Frequently Asked Questions

Are you "real" police officers?
Yes. All members of the New College of Florida Police Department (NCFPD) are state certified police officers, receiving their authority via the provision of Florida Statute 1012.97. We are vested with the same authority as the members of local police departments. We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How do I report an emergency or a crime?
Contact the police department by dialing 4210 from a campus phone or (941) 487-4210 from an outside line. If you are near a blue emergency phone, simply pick up the handset and you will automatically be connected to the police. In an emergency, dial 9-1-1 from any phone.

Once connected, please:

State the nature of the emergency or your call
Clearly identify yourself
Give your exact location
Describe any suspects as accurately as possible

What do I do if I see a suspicious person or incident?
Call the police. Describe what you have seen so that we may decide the proper course of action to be taken. If you are unsure, do not be afraid to call. If you wish, you may remain anonymous.

I have locked myself out of my car or my battery is dead. Can you help me?
Yes. Call (941) 487-4210 (4210 from a campus phone) or pick up one of the blue emergency phones to get assistance. An officer will be by as soon as one is available. For further information, click here.

Do you offer fingerprinting?
Fingerprinting services are offered to NCF and USF students and staff. Please call to set up an appointment. You must bring a driver's license, passport, or current photo ID, and your own fingerprint card. This service is performed free of charge.

Can I buy a parking permit from NCFPD?
No. Parking Services handles all permit purchases, replacements, payments for citations, and appeals. Parking Services is located at PMD 123 phone number 487-4626 and is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. After hours, temporary (one day) permits can be picked up at NCFPD.

How do I register my bicycle?
NCFPD handles all bicycle registration. To register your bicycle, please bring the serial number of the bicycle, as well as a make, model, and description to NCFPD. If your bicycle becomes lost or stolen, having registered it through NCFPD will aid in its recovery and return. By registering your bicycle, you are automatically entered into the Bicycle Anti-Theft (BAT) Program.

What do I do if I have lost or found an item?

All found items should be turned into the police as soon as possible. You may call or come into the NCFPD office to inquire about all lost items 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

How can I get my u-lock cut off my bicycle?
If you have lost the key to your u-lock and need it cut off your bicycle (or other form of transportation), contact Physical Plant by dialing (941) 487-4240 (4240 from a campus phone).

Campus Police

For all life-threatening fire or medical emergencies, please dial 911.

Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter

R.A.D. Training

Upcoming class dates: 
To Be Determined.

Learn more.

Campus Police Department
501 College Drive

Phone: (941) 487-4210
Admin Fax: (941) 487-4799
Dispatch Fax: (941) 487-4366