Our Graduates in Computational Science
Although our program in Computational Science is relatively young, New College is proud of our graduates in the field and their many accomplishments. Here's a sampling of what some of them are up to today:
• Curtis Dyreson is assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science at Utah State University.
•Josh Abbott was awarded a prestigious Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship as a student at New College and went on to earn his M.S. from the University of Cambridge (UK). He is currently working toward his Ph.D. at Cal-Berkeley.
• Hannah Rivers was a double major in Applied Mathematics and Computational Science and is currently working as a software engineer for Star2Star Communications.
• Austin Eliazar is senior scientist at Teledyne Scientific & Imaging, LLC.
• William Giltinan is a licensed patent attorney at Carlton Fields. His practice covers patent, trademark and copyright prosecution and litigation matters with a focus on assisting high technology companies to develop, protect, monetize and defend intellectual property assets.
• Bregitte Pracht is senior principal engineer at Sable Networks.
• Daniel Ryan is Associate Professor of Sociology and holds the Kathryn P. Hannam Professorship in American Studies at Mills College.
• Timothy Seaver is a computer engineer at BellSouth.
• Jeremy Sherman is a software engineer at Big Nerd Ranch.
Sample of Graduate Schools Attended by NCF Students in Computational Science
• University of California at Berkeley