Financial Aid Information
Attention Accepted Students:
Please read the instructions below to learn how to login to the NewCLEIS system. NewCLEIS is New College’s self-service web based system providing students with information about their financial aid and scholarship awards, and more.
Never logged into NewCLEIS?
If you have never logged into NewCLEIS, here is the information you need to know:
1. Your ID# (“N” number)- This is the “N” number you received on your enrollment status form which was included in your admissions packet.
2. Your birthdate – You will need to enter it in the form of (mmddyy). For example, if you were born January 15th, 1993, your initial PIN number would be 011593.
If you have forgotten or lost your “N” number, it is okay. You can use the "find N number" button on the NewCLEIS homepage to retrieve it.
Please click here to access NewCLEIS.
Already logged into NewCLEIS before, but not sure what you need?
If you have already logged into New College’s NewCLEIS system to pay your enrollment deposit or check your financial aid award, you will need to know the following information to login again:
1. Your ID# (“N” number)- This is the “N” number you received with your enrollment status form. Your enrollment status form came with your admission packet.
2. What you reset your PIN number to when you paid your deposit.
If you have forgotten your PIN or “N” number, do not panic, there are tools on NewCLEIS to help you retrieve your “N” number and/or reset your PIN.
Here are some helpful points for accepted students:
• You can now view the estimated 2013-2014 Student Budget which includes tuition & fees, room & board, and variable costs.
• Be sure to complete the Residency Classification Form if you believe you should qualify as a Florida resident for tuition purposes.
• Review the Financial Aid Award Guide 2013-2014 for important information on receiving financial aid at New College.
• Be sure to follow up on any missing documents that are required of you. Your financial aid is ESTIMATED until all documentation is received and reviewed.
• You can review your financial aid award and the status of required documents online at NewCLEIS.
• Report all Private Scholarships that you have been awarded to the Office of Admissions & Financial Aid. These may impact your need-based funding so it’s best to know early on if there will be any changes to your financial aid offer.
• Important information regarding what is required to borrow through the Direct Loan program at NCF will be sent out shortly. Additional helpful information about loans and the importance of budgeting while in school can be found at www.studentloans.gov. Select financial awareness counseling.
• Bright Futures awards are currently estimated and will be finalized once the FL legislature sets the final amount at the end of May. Additionally, the office will update student’s award levels as changes are made. An error free FAFSA is required in order to receive funding.
• Take a moment to review New College’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy as it relates to eligibility for financial aid.
• Keep in mind the following -- Although financial aid is split evenly between the Fall and Spring semesters, billing for tuition & fees and room & board are not due to the January Independent Study Project (ISP). The ISP is billed to the Fall semester. If you would like to get an estimate of the amount due for each semester, please complete our Payment Worksheet 2013-2014 (pdf) or (excel).
• Review your Scholarship Terms & Conditions.
• If you qualify for Florida Prepaid, be sure to send your enrollment card to the Business Office. The address is:
New College of Florida
Business Office - PMD 123
5800 Bay Shore Road
Sarasota, FL 34243
For more information, please visit our Paying for College site.